To Be A Nurse

Got a letter of acceptance in the mail: I'm in the Registered Nursing Program.

This all started almost two years ago, when an ambulance took my mother, unconscious, to the ICU of Irvine Hoag. Pneumococcal meningitis secondary to metastasized endocervical cancer. After multiple surgeries that had attempted to preserve her life, then brain and motor function, she came home with us for home hospice.

Being her nurse made me want to continue being a nurse, if not for her, for others.  

After some chem, math, anatomy physiology micro, here I am. At the same community college where I first started teaching after gradschool, where I was repeatedly mistaken for a student at the Registrar, except they were right after all, because it's true, I'm right back where I started ten years ago, but this time as a student.  


Comments

Popular Posts